*Stay Healthy, Stay Sane - Lemons!
Pinterest has struck again – and blogs are blowing up with articles on green smoothies and my new obsession, lemon water.
I came across this picture last week and after some research, I’m now a lemon-water devotee.
A few Lemon particulars which have sparked my interest:
- Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
- Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
For more benefits you can read two great articles here and here. Plus Lauren Conrad is a fan and she can do no wrong in the beauty department in my eyes.
Personally, I drink it cold in the AM – pre shower. And I do notice a huge bump in energy in the morning. I’ve also added lemon to my water bottle pre-workout. I actually look forward to drinking it!
Happy Thursday!
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
I love lemon water!
ReplyDeleteComing at you from Kelly's blog.
Jessica @ http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com
I'm your newest follower Jessica! Your blog is super cute! Looking forward to your posts!
Delete-Steph
Hey, Im visiting from Kelly's Korner. LOVE your blog. Im heading to the kitchen to get some lemon water! Yummmm Nice to meet ya! PS. I grew up in the Indianapolis area!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren
DeleteThe lemon water won't disappoint - I"m drinking it every day!
Thank you for stopping by! Kelly's blog is a long time favorite of mine!
-Stephanie