House Hunting!


When I ‘m having a hard time thinking of blog topics to write about because frankly my life has been swallowed whole by work, more work and finding a new place to live come September – I often try typing in a different font.  For those of you curious it works wonders.

Onward! 

Six months ago my parents flipped a house.   It was an “all hands on deck” kind of adventure.   As it turns out I really love house flipping.  Well sort of, I really like house restoration.  Frankly, I’m not sure where it comes from but I’m down with just about anything, backsplashing a kitchen, new counter tops,  new carpet, painting and even deep cleaning a shower.   The key is really getting in there and trying different solutions to annihilate the grub.


Before! 

After!
Backsplash was all me! 


So, I’m a little tired of renting and I’d like to buy a house.   My brain says buy a “move in ready” home , but my heart says, “ go old, and spend your weekends renovating and loving life.”

Exhibit A.


I fantasize about Crown Molding and French Doors. 


Crown Molding 

French Doors

Exhibit C.
I am obsessed with these two blogs.


Young House Love


Modern Jane. 


Before

After


I’ve been spending a few hours a night on talktotucker.com looking at old farm style houses that need a ton of TLC  and saw this one: 
Front of house

Back of House

Kitchen

Bath

And a barn! 


Yep, I swoon and laid in bed last night dreaming of what I would do if I had both the time and the resources. See my dilemma? 

Obviously, I need to make a go/ no go decision soon so I guess we will just have to see! 

Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS