Easy Weekly Meal Plan (no chia seeds required)

I have been in love with meal planning as long as I can remember. Cooking an amazing dinner with a tried-and-true recipe is a great way to zone out for an hour. When it comes to meal prep, I like to do the following: 
  • Wash and cut up fruit and veggies. I'm 1000x more likely to reach for strawberries if they have already been washed and trimmed. 
  • Learn to love leftovers. Sweet potato hash is a family favorite and is a dream to reheat. I make a big batch on Monday and eat it over a few days.
  • Remember that Pinterest is not your best friend.  Make your own list of go-to dishes. It can be easy to get lost in hundreds of dinner ideas.

A great way to eliminate stress is to identify a few dinners you could make with your eyes closed. My list looks something like this: 
  1. Pot roast with mashed potatoes
  2. Chicken pot pie 
  3. Hamburgers with sweet potato fries
  4. Tacos
  5. Stir fry 

It is easy to get caught up in fancy recipes or spending an unreasonable amount of time on a wow-factor dish with super food ingredients. I'm not reinventing the wheel with the meal plan below, but wanted to share for those looking for a few easy dinner ideas. 




Please do not let the post title offend you. I like chia seeds as much as the next girl, but my husband will not go anywhere near them..... and neither will Graham. 



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS