Skin's Best Defense

Indiana weather has my skin all kinds of freaked out.  Thankfully, this isn’t my first rodeo and I’ve learned to deal with the dry, cold, suck-the-life-out-of-me Indiana winters.

A humidifier or a steam vaporizer is wonderful for adding moisture back into the air.  I keep one in my bedroom and turn in on a few hours before I hit the sack (usually while I'm reading).  

 
 
Also, coconut oil has been a huge blessing. I wash my face with my Clarasonic and Cetaphil and then use about a teaspoon the same way I would moisturizer (rub it between your fingers until it emulsifies) and then rinse of the excess before I'm done in the shower.



Finally, I use Vaseline on my lips and the corners of my eyes (which get super flaky) before bed.



Happy Monday!


 

3 comments:

  1. I have got to get a Clarisonic already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter is always a killer for my skin! I do drink a TON of water though and that helps. But i am defintely going to try that coconut oil !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in Indiana is the worst. The weather is SO freaking bipolar, and it makes me sick all the time. I just want it to be warmer...is 50 degrees too much to ask for?

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS