The Horror

Amanda shot the ladies this little e-mail on Tuesday asking if anyone wanted to grill out on Wednesday.


Hi Ladies,

Tabitha and I were talking this weekend (and again today) about doing a grill out at my place tomorrow (Tuesday) after work. I was thinking steak kabobs with peppers/tomatoes/potatoes/other vegetables, whatever sounds best to the group and a side salad. I can also make artichoke parmesan crostini.

Let me know if you would like to join. :)

Amanda

Sounds perfect right?

I never miss an opportunity for food and wine so I accepted and even stopped by Marsh to pick-up a few ingredients for Easy Strawberry Shortcake.

Easy Strawberry Shortcake




Kabobs





Artichoke-Parmesan Crostini




Tabitha’s salsa.






After the kabobs were assembled we headed out for the complex’s grill and had the best time laughing and eating and planning our trip to Chicago in the next few weeks…..



And that's pretty much when the Shiz rolled down hill....

This is what happened….. Amanda had a press conference so she gave me her key so I could let myself in because her roommate Trisha is in Japan (avoiding radiation we hope). When Amanda got home I gave her back her key (absolving myself of all fault I might add) and she set the key on the countertop.


Big Mistake. Because when we got back from grilling she realized she had locked us out.

Thankfully we had a bottle of wine and a bobbi pin to keep me busy.

 This is 30 minutes in after Tabitha realizes she can’t drive her car if she doesn’t have her car keys.

Thank Jesus for that extra bottle of wine.


According to ehow.com bobbi pins only work in the movies.  Sounds like a challenge me!

Side Story: As it turns out Amanda’s neighbor is a young, insanely attractive, impossibly nice attorney who checked on us several times and even helped keep us laughing.


Unfortunately, Tabitha only dates old people. So that leaves ……Miranda! Hopefully, I will run into him again and see what I can work out.

90 minutes (and $130) later a locksmith let us in and we brought a little dessert over to our new handsome friend and called it a night.






Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS