A job loss and infertility

I should start by saying that as I’m writing this I am 18 weeks pregnant and well settled into my role as SAHW, but that my life looks drastically different than it did the last time I blogged.

I was under an enormous amount of stress both personally and professionally. The landscape at work had changed and I suspected that my role would be eliminated and it was in February. I was lucky that they gave me three weeks notice and a small severance package – so I had time to plan and get my financial affairs in order. 

The transition to stay-at-home-wife is both interesting and ongoing, but I’ll save that for another post – probably my next one.

Trying to get pregnant was a nightmare. I’d had an ovary and fallopian tube removed years earlier and suspected I’d run into trouble, but wasn’t prepared for the emotional landmines. If you want to know more, feel free to write me, but after numerous tests and treatments and one surgery, we found out in April that I was pregnant.

Job searching while pregnant has been stagnet. I’m lucky that I’ve never actually made that much money in marketing, so we never actually depended on my income. It basically went to paying off debt and once I was debt free it went to retirement. I have resounded myself that while finding a job while pregnant is not impossible, it is unlikely that an employer is going to be excited at training an employee only to give them twelve weeks paid leave after they’ve finally settled in their new role.

I’ve actually missed blogging terribly and will go back to blogging about whatever is on my mind at that time.  Nothing fancy, but will try and post regularly. 

Happy Sunday, hope its magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS