Discipline
can be a tricky word. At work it means
getting my timesheets in on time and answering emails the same day they arrive.
But
at home, it can mean something entirely different.
I struggle
to keep up with the day-to-day requirements of home life: laundry, errands, cooking, cleaning, fitness and
even reading for pleasure seems to come in ebbs and flows.
Too many
things compete for my energy and attention and with limited time I can feel completely
defeated – even on a Sunday. I had an
entire day yesterday to get things done but I felt completely paralyzed by everything
that needed done. And when I lost steam – I felt a lot of guilt.
In truth, I
am the one who is control of my schedule so why it is so hard to keep up? This
week I’m going to focus on slowing down and establishing a routine. Being more disciplined and less
scattered. Less of a one-women-show and
remembering I have a husband who will help.
I went a
little downloaded happy and added Home Routine, Shop List, NIKE Running and
Fitness Pal apps to my iPhone to help keep me on track this week.
I actually
stole Blair Fowler’s cleaning schedule and am really excited to try Home Routine
tonight. It lets you add daily cleaning tasks that you can star as you go
along.
Does anyone
else feel like this? And if you do – how do you pull yourself out of it?
Happy
Monday!


No comments:
Post a Comment